Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Day 3 on The Res

Howdy fellers, it's cowboy Tinks. Today, April 23, we made decent prog on the construct, henceforth and hitherto there be a ruf on the porch of thy church us are building. We took a joyous jaunt to the friendly neighborhood walmart and I bought a cowboy hat, probs the greatest item I ever bought and I'm now called Cowboy Tinks or Farmer Tinks (Molly likes Farmer Tinks better). Also I played with happy apache children and beat them in basketball, it was a close game I promise. S'prisinly non o the teammate are upset with each other but I rekin that'll last a short time cus I seldom e'er go a full trip without fustration. Any way us are havin a wonderful time in az and I honestly will miss this here place when I make the long journey back to nj. For those who don't know this is Aaron and I'm having a blast here with all my compadres.


Sipping my Macchiato in my most favorite coffee shop in existence right here in Globe, Arizona, relaxing after the hot spring day in Arizona, refreshed through God's presence and helping hands within this trip, and feeling zen over the beautiful Indy music and happy over the warm spirited hearts of my golden tan team members. Nick here, excited to share with you my meraculous Wednesday with my awesome teammates. Construction this morning was great! If you have been involved with this blog, first I want to thank you, and second, you'll know that we have been working on a church for full and complete use for the Apaches! However, today was extra great because we finally got to constructing the roof! This might not sound like the most exciting thing you've ever heard, but we've finally moved on from moving dirt, and I'd say that's pretty exciting. We got to nail in roof boards and complete the skeleton of the new roof to the lobby. Pretty wacky puzaz right there.. Secondly, we worked with some crazy adorable kids. I personally talked with Malachi, a child more intreged over poking me in the side and riding my back. But hey, whatever WWJD, am I right? God has worked through this entire team in ways that are clearly visible, and has been working through my teammates in ways You wouldn't believe, and it encourages me to see that the only people smiling more than the overjoyed kids we work with are my teammates. Thank you for keeping with this blog, and for the prayers sent our way. God has opened up opportunities and encouragement inside and out of this trip, and it's thanks to our Lord and your faith in Him to carry out great promises He had planned for these unfortunate yet beautiful and happy kids. Peace :)

2 comments:

  1. Praying God will continue to be your strength

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Arizona Team!!! Although signed in as anonymous, this is Nick's mom :o) I am so thrilled to see the pictures you have posted and to be able to read each of the blogs written. Thank you so much for keeping us up to date on your progress and the ways that God has been working. I'm sure lives are being impacted daily ... not just those you're serving at the reservation, but the lives of the people who may be observing and of course, your own. I'm sure you are all missed by your parents and families, but I think I can speak for all of us how excited we are to see how God is using this team in Arizona. Keep up the good work and really use this time to draw closer to God and to allow Him to increase your borders ... pray, pray, pray for the children you are ministering to and for clear opportunities to share the gospel with them. With much love to you all .... mrs difazio.

    ReplyDelete