Friday, April 25, 2014

Day 4 on The Res

 Hey guys, this is Mer! This morning Matt and I made some killlllerrrr waffles and bacon with the help of Mr. Savidge! It was pretty bangin' I must say. After that we ventured off to our church work site where we did a plethora of painting, roofing, and laying concrete. When we first arrived at the church earlier this week there was no porch at all so it is really amazing to see the progress that we are making!! After construction we headed to ARM headquarters and loaded into the bus for the bus ministry. Mr. Savidge, Daniel, Nick, Douglas, Christy, Molly and I played an intense game of bobble ball where I accidentally nailed Mr. Savidge in the face, it was great if I do say so myself. On the bus I met and played with a girl named Mabel, she ran up to me and asked "HEY can I have a ride on your back?!?" We ended up just staying inside of the bus and building a big tower made out of Legos for Rapunzel the princess. After the bus ministry we had UHHHMAZZZZING pulled pork sandwiches with potato salad, which was the perfect ending to a great day spent here in Arizona. The scenery is breathtaking and God is doing some spectacular things in our team and also on the reservation. 

WASSUPPPP! It's Matt! WOOHOO! It's a party over here in Arizona wish you guys could experience the things we are experiencing.  It's fantastic! Today we made considerable visible progress on the church.  We finished the paneling on the roof and prepared it for shingling tomorrow. We also poured and flattened concrete for the sidewalk on the side of the building and got some Q U A L I T Y painting done today a bunch done by yours truly. Then I cleaned semi dried concrete off of tools and such so my hands got concretey and stuff and I had a hose for cleaning so my feet got soaking wet and muddy... Pretty gross. The wind is pretty nice to keep yourself cool but when your high up on a ladder or on the roof it kinda gets a little freaky... And some pretty acrobatic painting skills trying to reach every corner of under the roof. Breakfast was handcrafted, tantalizing, mouth watering WAFFLES AND BACOOOOON! Made by me and Merri(assisted by señor Savidge). We did the children's bus ministry today and today was our last day with the kids :(. But it was a lot of fun sno cones have been a big hit all week and that didn't change today! Me and Cowboy Tinkies accompanied by Cole train sang along to POCKET FULL OF SUNSHINE and a few other catchy popular tunes while in the van on the way to the bus ministry. The kids were a little rambunctious but aren't all kids haha... *Cough* *Cough* Anyway it was a still fun day and looking forward to the last couple of days with my team! Thank you for all your prayers 

                              See ya! 
                                          Matt Savarese 

No comments:

Post a Comment